Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Beekeepers Quilt update

a quick update on my growing quilt...

a sea of puffs!
First of all, people are so darn generous! Every person that I know who has done or is doing some kind of sock yarn blanket has experienced it and now I have the priviledge of experiencing it too, you lovely knitters are handing me your yarn leftovers without asking for anything in return and it is AMAZING!!

My quilt is going to be so full of love, and friendship and little hexagons of wonderful people, I CANNOT WAIT to snuggle under it and feel all cozy and wrapped up in all that loveliness!

At last count I had 59 puffs, there's a bit less than that in this photo, but you get the general idea

puffy goodness! 
I think, if I remember correctly, that I will need either 860 or 998 to make a quilt that covers the top of my bed (with no drop on any side) the 860 is if I don't have it cover the pillows at the head. This means I'm officially AT LEAST 5% complete (what a milestone moving the ticker on Ravelry was!) and at this rate I might have it ready for winter 2013. Not overly ambitious, but not slacking either!

Tell me, are any of you going the puff gang? I've enjoyed sending off the adorable mini-skeins for puffing to some gals and guys in the US and China and even here in Oz, so if you are puffing, let me know and maybe we can swap some minis? I am keeping to a certain palette so I'm looking to destash my non-matching yarns :D

Happy Puffing!!


1 comment:

  1. So I realise that I can mostly tell from the picture, but tell me your specifi colour requirements and I will give you some leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete