Friday, March 2, 2012

I got stripes!

sorry Johnny Cash, I'm pretty sure you never meant for those lyrics to be used for a knitting project ;)


so last year I got a little tiny bit carried away with the shawl knitting (*cough* 14 *cough*) and so I thought this year I'd go easy, maybe knit one or two over the year so I didn't feel deprived.


I knit my first shawl in January in 5 days. Um, whoops?






It's Fay, you can't find the pattern because it was a freebie with a much delayed knit-a-long and so the designer hasn't published it.


I really love it and I think it shows the Araucania sugar cane yarn off beautifully, I had been holding onto these 2 skeins for a LONG time, mainly because every project I started with them just felt wrong, I don't know why. But when this pattern appeared in my inbox I just knew it would be an excellent match. I've still got about .6 of a skein leftover, some will be puffs, and some might be something else. But I would encourage anyone to try knitting something up with sugarcane yarn, it doesn't cut up my fingers like other plant based yarns and it blocked out beautifully!






the next shawl is serious stripes, the Stripe Study Shawl


I started it last night, but after a bit of a twitter meeting I will frog and switch up the MC and CC,


It will look like this when it is finished




mine currently looks like this




but I really think the colours would really work better if I switch their placement. So to the pond it goes, and I will begin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment