Thursday, June 23, 2011

Scott's Stripey Scarf

based loosely on the ever popular Noro Striped Scarf (rav'd by Jared Flood)

Scott picked the colours, he even paid for the Noro (and bought me some 'thanks for knitting for me', Silkroad Tweed - my fave!) and I covered the Araucania because i wanted to stripe with a solid (which turned out to be WAY semi-solid).

this scarf is 48 stitches wide, it's a 2x2 rib because well, it's sock yarn and it didn't need to be 1x1 to lie flat.
when i blocked, post luke warm bath in frizz free conditioned (heheh), i pulled it out slightly to give it a bit of extra width and relax the very squishy rib a bit.
blocking, in 4 parts
post blocking it has relaxed back into a fairly uniform fabric and looks nicer than it did pre-blocking.
I really like how this turned out, and after 2011 when I'm allowed to repeat patterns I'll knit up a stripey noro scarf for me!

for whatever reason this photo refuses to turn. Blogger,  i hate you

No comments:

Post a Comment